In Odoo 8, this app was available but its design was complicated to use, I think. See this video for the Appraisal process in Odoo 8.
Step 1: define the Appraisal Plan at menu Human Resource > Appraisal > Interview Requests.
There are 4 type of actions which were explained in this discussion:
- Top-down: the most traditional form of appraisal - manager/supervisor feeds back to subordinate based on observation, quality of work, relationship, etc.
- Bottom-up: employee provides indirect feedback to manager via a rating system based on communication skills, decision making, clarification of objectives, etc.
- Self-appraisal: Individual provides their own feedback based on introspection.
- Final Interview: you know what this is. :)
I am not sure that I selected the right actions. What I would like to do here is:
- Employee self-evaluate himself.
- Collect feedbacks from his coworkers. In this case, I think it is not something like top-down or bottom-up strategy.
- Collect feedbacks from his upper managers.
- Do a final interview.
Step 2: create an appraisal, start it, select the Interviewer ...
One drawback to this design is that I can select only one Interviewer for each phase. In case I want to hear from some of his coworkers and managers, I need to update the appraisal plan, add more lines, and this is inconvenient.
Step 3: the Interviewers log into the system to answer their Interview Requests at menu Human Resource > Appraisal > Interview Requests.
In Odoo 9 and 10, Appraisal app becomes an Enterprise feature, you have to sign Odoo Enterprise Subscription to use it. The process is more simple and flexible. You can see at a glance that there are only 2 menus Appraisal and Report.
I will redo the example above using Odoo 10.
Step 1: create an appraisal and start it. The form includes all necessary information: email template, plan, attendances, survey forms. Now I can select several managers, colleagues for the appraisal.
Step 2: the attendances will do the survey form sent to their emails
Step 3: finally, the manager or human resource manager can view the answers from all people who get involved in the process, then make a decision. The appraisal process will be done.
Next part: HUMAN RESOURCE IN ODOO 10 - PART 4: PAYROLL